It’s not me. It’s you.

I’ve lost who I used to be. Not sure how or why, but I have morphed into a person I don’t recognise. And I am doing my best to find her. I used to be funny. I used to be clever. Now all I do is moan and bore myself silly with my mundane drivel. And it’s not just me that bores me. It’s you too.

I joined Twitter a fair few years ago. Hence my stupid high volume of tweets, but you see back then I was funny. I was a piss taker and a lover of life. Now, I can’t even be arsed to tweet cause, well I am boring, and the tweets I read. Boring. I literally yawn when reading some. Who’s had no sleep, who’s poorly, who’s made what and made it better than someone else, who’s got more money, and then there’s the show off tweets from those trying to pretend they’re not showing off and thinking we’re all gullible to believe their shit. Blah blah. Where are the funnies? See it’s not just me, it’s you too.

You bore me* Sorry, it had to be said. This isn’t a competition but I expect I probably bore you. More. Maybe. I dunno. It’s turned into the sun’s agony page. Which is boring.

I probably need to drink more, to laugh more and my god do I need to love life more. Rather than be this miserable cow I’ve become. So I shall drink some more gin. You should probably do that too.

Anyway, I am going to try to find me. And when I do and when I do tweet it won’t be about how tired I am, or if I made a fandabbydozy thingymebob. Well I say that. it could well happen.

Right enough of that, I am boring myself.

*pours another gin*

*Except Nel. She’s funny. Sometimes.

6 thoughts on “It’s not me. It’s you.

1. pedenan says:

You know what? You aren’t boring at all. I bore myself sometimes on twitter, and I bore myself in life. The ‘social networking’ side of things can be crap – dunno how many times I’ve heard people going on about the bloody date today as if it’s the most important thing in their lives. Facebook is even worse. You were one of the first people to follow me on Twitter – all those years ago – and for that, I am thankful – I use it cos I’m bloody lonely! Anyway, I’m rambling now. I really hope you are ok, and if you decide not to use twitter anymore – well, that’s your choice, but I’ll miss ya! 🙂

• coodababy says:

I use it cause I too am lonely and it’s good to talk so they say. But lately, I have seen another side to it. I follow a lot of mothers. And it feels like a competition to who did what better. I miss the days where I was care free and a lover of life.

I am not leaving twitter. Just taking a break till I get my funny on. Which could be soon. Who knows.

2. @HelenW71 says:

This post just proves you’re not any of the dull, boring things you think you are. I do understand where you’re coming from though. You kind of become numb to twitter after a while & maybe you’re right & the thing to do is to step away until the feeling returns, take care though lovely. Hxx

• coodababy says:

Twitter has changed massively for me. It has for others too as I have had a fair few comments agreeing. The other day I really read it properly and it is like an agony page. Yes I am guilty of that too. But when I joined it was a laugh now it’s tedious. I am only taking a break, not leaving. And I have no idea how long that break will be for. I might tweet tomorrow. I might tweet next year. It doesn’t matter really. Just when I have got myself back to being me and not a miserable cow. xx

3. Kara Guppy says:

I’m not on twitter half as much as I used to be – partly because of work and partly for the same reason as you.
    I think we are guilty of having a moan – ill children, lack of sleep and general parenting woes, but also like to celebrate their achievements. My reasoning is you can scroll past if you do not want to read them.
    I do miss the humour, but figured maybe I hurt miss them, although @ministryofmum never fails to make me smile.
    Chin up chick and come back soon – it’s quiet without you xx

4. Katie Durrant says:

Kirsty…boring is the last word I would use to describe you! Even when you have a ‘moan’, more often than not there’s still humour behind it! I only got into Twitter in the first place because of you and always enjoyed reading your tweets.I was always disapointed we never got to know each other better in London. I liked you! I thought you were so cool and I loved C and D. It happens to all of us with a toddler. We do lose ourselves in the every day life of bringing up a toddler. Days are repetitive, groudhog even! The contents of nappies become the most exciting conversation we have all day. (I know I am not the mum of a toddler now but I remember it well!) But you wasn’t letting it get too repetitive.You organised tweet ups and all let your hair down and not a baby in sight. Maybe make it a more regular thing?? What I do know is you are very missed on here 😦